This project was fully funded and completed. Thank you for everyone’s generous donations!
About the Project
In September 2011, the residents of Brandon, Rowley and Independence passed a bond vote with nearly 70% approval to construct a new $27.5 M Jr./Sr. High School Facility. The Mustang Foundation led the capital campaign for the construction of the new Independence Jr./Sr. High School. The structure is finished and is beautiful. We continue to take donation to offset any costs associated with the new facility.
- 170,000 sq. ft. facility located right off 20th Ave.
- Individual classrooms for all full-time instructors
- Specially designed Junior High and Senior High wings with a Central Tech / Shared wing
- Whiteboards, projectors, mimeo devices and other technology features to maximize teaching tools
- 2,500 sq. ft. library / media center
- 700 seat auditorium with a magnificent stage and acoustics / sound system
- 17,500 sq. ft. gymnasium with a press box / suites
- Gymnasium will hold a capacity of 2000 attendees with seating on all four sides
- 3600 sq. ft. weight room facility with high-end weight training equipment
- 5500 sq. ft. wresting room
- 4 Locker Rooms which also serve as FEMA Safe Room (Severe Weather Storm Shelter)
- One main entrance with lock-down capabilities and secure emergency exits
- Efficient “hybrid HVAC system” with air conditioning
- Skylight system spanning entire “main street” area of school for natural daylight
- Large parking lot in front of building with over 400 parking stalls
Making a Donation
Construction Progress of the new Jr./Sr. High School
Virtual Tour of the new Jr./Sr. High School