- Single campus design
- Tennis courts
- Additional parking lot by Leinbaugh Field and Baseball/Softball fields
- New turf at Leinbaugh field
- Additional parking by Jr./Sr. High School
- Softball/Baseball diamonds
- Road connecting the All-Activities Complex to the rest of the school campus
Gifts can be made in the form of:
- In-kind contributions
- Other non-cash assets (securities, CDs, real property, etc.)
Proposed Location & Benefits
Turf at Leinbaugh Field
- Eliminates the need for a separate soccer field and avoids duplication of bleachers, lights, concessions and restrooms.
- Could be used by all sports, band, and physical education classes.
- Minimal maintenance required.
- Leinbaugh Field will serve as the primary soccer and football field.
- Annual savings of $40,000/year on maintenance used to cover replacement of top layer every 10-12+ years.
- Benefits of Turf vs. Natural Grass
- Can host soccer (all ages), football (all ages), band competitions and many more events
- Can handle limitless foot traffic and maintain peak surface conditions
- Can host all or part of practice for football, baseball/softball, track and soccer
- Currently located at the City’s Complex on the east side of town.
- One premier baseball and one premier softball field.
- Allows District to host post season games to generate additional income.
- Fenced in area around complex.
- Concession Income:
- Immediate boost to general activities income
- 70 summer events with $500 per event – $35,000 each summer
- Scoreboard recognition, donor walls, concession stand, etc. not previously possible.
- Roadway and parking lot to be seal coated to keep up front costs minimized at onset.
- To be located on the district’s 92 acres on the west side of town.
- Fields serve as practice and competition fields.
- Ability to now host Friday night softball competitions.
- Increased Gate:
- Fenced in complex – able to better collect admission
- Increased fan support – locally/visitors
- Event Hosting:
- Attractive to IAHSAA and IGHSAU – post season games
- Promotion of our school district state-wide
- 350 Car parking lot for multi-use (Leinbaugh Field/Ball Diamonds)
Six Tennis Courts
- Replaces the three courts at the old high school site.
- eliminates traveling throughout town for competitions/practice.
- Tennis courts have an approximate 20 year lifespan.
- Host conference tournaments and state qualifiers.
- Looking to get a USTA grant to get new equipment.
- Community use by parks and rec and adult league.
- New courts to be located on the school district’s 92 acres on the west side of town.
- Reduced liability concerns.
- Minimal updates required each year.
- Available for all physical education students.
- Quality facility with access to Jr./Sr. High School restrooms.
- Practices take place at one venue and are supervised.