The Foundation is organized exclusively for the charitable, educational, and scientific purposes which benefit or support extra curricular activities of the Independence Community School District. A nine-person board appointed in staggered terms by the Independence Community School District Board governs the Foundation.
The Foundation’s assets are made up of endowments as well as restricted nonendowed funds for specific short-term projects. Past projects have included, but are not limited to, funding for an all-weather track, gifts for mentoring programs, gifts for classroom reading programs, funds for softball / baseball complex improvements, sponsoring guest fine arts performers, class and whole-grade field trip funding support, funding to construct a stand alone multi-purpose athletic facility, funding for after school and summer education programming, and funding for theatre productions and sound equipment upgrades.
Questions regarding the Foundation can be directed to board member and treasurer Rob Robinson at 319-334-7181 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supply additional funds for projects not provided for in the school budget
- Provide opportunities to enhance and enrich education for teachers and students
- Solicit community, individual and alumni involvement through funds, gifts, and talents
- Recognize quality staff in the Independence Community School District
- Increase public awareness of the schools and their programs
- Promote Partnerships between businesses and the schools.